EBL (Everest Bank) Credit Card is an electronic Cheque, which enables you to pay on the purchase of goods and services from merchant outlets or draw cash from ATM outlets. The bank creates a revolving account and grants a line of credit to the cardholder, from which the cardholder can borrow money for payment to merchants or as a cash advance.
VISA Domestic Credit Card
Everest Bank is serving “VISA Domestic Credit Card” to its customers, which can be used at ATM & POS Networks, affiliated with Visa Worldwide, scattered throughout Nepal and India.
- Valid in Nepal & India.
- Now issued cards are Chip-based, with CHIP+PIN verification method for POS transactions.
- Accepted as mode of payment at Visa merchant locations (POS).
- Can withdraw cash from Visa accepting ATMs.
- Flexible payment option of NPR 1,000 or 10% of debit balance, whichever is higher to 100% of debit balance.
- Interest free credit period of minimum 15 days to maximum 45 days for Purchase transactions.
- Competitive interest rate @ 2% per month.
- Credit limit between NPR 15,000 to 2 Lac.
- Cash limit of 25% of Credit Limit.
|Daily cash drawing limit at ATM||NPR 24,000||INR 15,000|
|Monthly cash drawing limit at ATM||INR 100,000|
|Daily purchase limit from POS||NPR 80,000||INR 50,000|
|Txn. count per day at ATM||5||5|
|Txn. count per day at POS||5||5|
Card Service Fee & Charges
|Card Issuance Fee||NPR 750|
|Card Annual / Renewal Fee||NPR 750|
|Card Replacement Fee||NPR 750|
|Card Re-Issuance Fee||NPR 750|
|PIN Re-Generation Fee||NPR 100|
|Dispute management Fee||As per Visa Rule|
|Late Payment Charge||NPR 250|
|Over Limit Fee||NPR 500 per month|
|Auto Pay Failure Fee||NPR 250|
|Statement Copy Fee||NPR 100 per copy|
|Limit Enhancement Fee||NPR 200|
- Any Nepalese citizen with age of 21 years and above.
- Monthly salary income of NPR 15,000 or above.
- Foreign nationals having of passport, Certificate of Registration issued by Embassy
Procedure to apply for Visa Domestic Credit Card
- Visit your nearest branch to obtain “Credit Application Form“of Visa Domestic Credit Card or Download by clicking EBL Credit Card Application Form.
- Fill up the Application Form for Visa Domestic Credit Card.
- Submit it to the branch at which your deposit/loan account is maintained or as per your convenience.
- Collect your Card and pin code after the specified day and have your card activated.
- You may now use your card in ATM/DOS terminals Nepal and India, where Visa card is accepted.
- Copy of citizenship certificate.
- Recent passport size photo of card applicant.
- Latest Annual Salary Certificate duly issued and certified by the concerned employer for the salaried applicant.
- Company registration certificates, PAN, latest tax clearance certificate and latest audited financial report for the self-employed businessman.
- Any other source of Income eg. Valid Lease Agreement (Rental Income), Pension Certificate (Pensioner), Other Income source disclosing documents.
- No income certificate required for those who would like to take credit card against lien on Fixed Deposit, Current or Saving Account maintained at Everest Bank Limited.
How to Use EBL Credit Card?
Memorize your PIN: Once you receive Credit card, tear up PIN mailer and notice four digit PIN number inside folded PIN mailer.
Use of Card at POS: For making payment from Credit card to merchant outlets, instead of paying cash, you may follow as under :
- Give your card to merchant officials , who swipe your card at POS devices and press desired payment amounts. The merchant officials may guide you. Enter PIN if require.
- Two receipts will then be printed for you to sign. The merchant will keep one copy and hand over the second copy to you.
Use of Card at ATM: For drawing cash from ATM terminals, follow as under :
- Insert you Credit card in the card Reader. (In some ATM machines, you are required to pull the card inside card reader while in others you are required to dip the card in and pull it out quickly.)
- Enter your four-digit PIN number.
- Select “Fast Cash” or select “Withdrawal”, to draw cash out from the ATM.
- Select the desired Amount for “Fast Cash” or type desired amount for “Withdrawal” activity. This must be in multiples of 500 in EBL ATMs.
- Make sure to take your Cash, Credit Card and a Receipt paper.
Payment of Due Amounts :
- At the end of the billing period, you will receive a statement, which reflects all transactions that you have made and settled by merchants during the past month.
- You are required to settle at least the minimum due amount that you have committed for within the due date. Failure to do so will add late payment penalty fee and interest to your statement.
- Interest will be applicable for the transaction done at ATM from the date of the transaction itself.
Safety Tips & Security Measures:
- Please treat your card like cash and never keep it lying around.
- Please sign on the signature panel at the back side of your Card, immediately upon receipt.
- A secret PIN code shall be provided to you in a sealed PIN Mailer. For security purpose, you are advised to memorize your PIN code and destroy the PIN Mailer.
- Do not keep your PIN with your Card and do not disclose it to anyone. Always keep your PIN secure by memorizing it instead of noting it down anywhere.
- You are advised to change PIN provided by the bank at the time of using your card for the first time and periodically thereafter.
- Your card is only for your own use. You are advised not to permit possession of the card to any other person.
- You are held full responsible for the transaction carried out from your card, hence it is your responsibility to keep your card and PIN in safe custody at all times.
- If you lose your card, report to the bank immediately to block the same.
- Always keep the copy of bill and the payment slip and ATM receipt for all transactions, till you verify and tally with your account statement.
- Check your account statement on regular basis. In case of any discrepancy, please inform to the Bank within 30 days of transaction date.
- Please do not bend your Card or leave it exposed to sunlight, heat or electricity.
Terms and Conditions
The usage of Credit Card by the Cardholder is adhered with specific terms and conditions, which are mentioned at “Credit Card Application Form”. For viewing click to Terms & Conditions.
For further information, any difficulties and quires relating to “EBL Debit Card”, you can contact or mail directly to :
Hunting line: 00977-1-4443377
Mail address: [email protected]